The Samueli Initiative for Responsible AI in Medicine is a trailblazer in fostering ethically-guided, scientifically-validated, and universally beneficial AI research in the field of medicine.
What We Strive to Achieve?
Our primary aim is to facilitate cross-disciplinary collaboration, bridging the gaps between various fields pertinent to Responsible AI in Medicine. Our scope encompasses:
- Legal and Regulatory Insights: We engage in discussions around privacy, health policy, and liability to ensure AI is responsibly implemented
- Philosophical Perspectives: We consider the implications of ethics, bioethics, and moral philosophy, striving to ensure that AI respects and aligns with our shared moral values.
- Psychological Understanding: We delve into moral psychology, decision-making theory, and cognitive theories to inform and improve the human-centric aspects of AI.
- Medical Involvement: We work closely with the medical community, particularly public health practitioners, to ensure AI-driven solutions cater to real-world healthcare needs.
- Technological Expertise: Our collaboration extends to the fields of data science and AI engineering to ensure cutting-edge, scientifically sound advancements.
- Computational Linguistics: We explore this realm to better understand how AI can interpret and generate human language, making it more accessible and beneficial to healthcare.